Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spiritual Gift

This past Sunday, having met after church with three churchwomen, and as we were leaving, one of them   thanked me for staying with them for six years. She noted gladly that I am tenacious.

Well, I had never thought of that. So I have been doing so ever since, living into tenacity as a spiritual gift. I'm finding it very life-giving.

Tenacity: The property or quality of being tenacious.

Tenacious: 1. Holding fast. 2. pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate.
3. adhesive or sticky. 4. holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough.

Pertinacious: 1. holding tenaciously to a purpose, course of action, or opinion; resolute. 2. stubborn or obstinate. 3. extremely or objectionably persistent: "a pertinacious salesman from whom I could not escape". (I love this one. I think Jesus is the pertinacious one to which this definition applies!)

Spiritual gifts: Not necessarily high and lofty things. Sometimes just plain keeping on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment