Monday, August 12, 2013

Adventure: Signposts Along the Way

Photo credit Lois Keen
My spouse introduced me to birdwatching. The first time I saw and identified a hawk - it was a red tailed hawk, a buteo - through my field glasses, I thought of God. I thought, if I came from a tradition with totems or spirit guides, this would be it. Ever since then, hawks have been signs of the presence of God for me.

The steeple on Grace Episcopal Church Norwalk Connecticut has been attracting red tailed hawks, who have adapted well to an urban environment, for all the years I've been here. This is a signpost.






Photo credit Lois Keen

This is a road sign. It's helping me discern where to go and what to do next.
















You may feel free to stop and rest here.
Take a seat.

Photo credit Lois Keen

2 comments:

  1. All of these signs seem to have come to you in snow time. Do you notice signs in other seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they came to me as signs this week, in the summer. In snow time they were just photos I took. It's just a coincidence they came to me as signs in the summer as I was browsing my photos for signs. So, the photos were taken in the winter, but they came to me as signs in the summer. Sorry to confuse. More to come later this week.

    ReplyDelete